Saturday, July 25, 2009

New Shoes

On the heels of my last post, which I had written the bulk of a while ago, I did finally go to the Podiatrist about my feet last week. Fortunately, I got good news, they just needed time, an anti-inflamitory, and new shoes. The Doctor took one look at my Sauconys and said, these are good running shoes, but not for you.

Wait, what? As much as I love getting new shoes, I had never really put a whole lot of thought into buying new sneakers. Suddenly I was getting a whole lesson on my feet and what I have to do to be nice to them. So I left the office with a prescription as well as a list of shoes that would cushion my arch rather then support it and strict instructions to buy myself a new pair. Have I mention I like this guy?

Lots of internet research/shoe shopping later I had decided to get a pair of Asics, but not the Nimbus which had been on the Dr's list seeing as they were $120. Although they did come with the benefit of being able to call my running sneakers nimbus 3000, and were pretty cool looking to boot.
But I still couldn't fathom spending so much on a pair of sneakers, especially if I had to replace them in only 6 months. So moving on I found the Asics Cumulus, which was another cushiony shoe and to my delight came in a snazzy color green. So for $60, I ordered these:
Or so I thought, what I got were these:

But I have been wearing them around the house for the last couple of days and I'm liking them a lot so far. I guess I'll just have to get the green ones next time.

No comments: