Thursday, February 3, 2011

Very Cool Commercials

It's almost that time of year, the time of year when millions of people settle in to watch the biggest commercial viewing event of the year... the super bowl. Now I'm sure Sherwin Williams doesn't have the budget or the proper demographic to justify a super bowl commercial, but as I was dwelling on the only reason I'll be tuning in to the game this Sunday I remembered my most recent favorite 30 seconds of tv interruptus. Take a look.




When so many of the commercials I see make me cringe, roll my eyes, or even verbally abuse my tv, it's refreshing to be awed by one. I love the concept, the colors, the progression of the animation and am even grateful that there's not a single line of dialog. I want to know every paint color on every swatch and find myself trying to read them as they go by. Crazy, I know, but I can't help myself, I'm a nerd for paint colors!

There's this one too, which I like almost as much as the bee.


2 comments:

Juany said...

I love the frog, he's really cute... now I want to ask you something: what are 2 or 3 of your favorite shades of green, for outside?? ... and 2 or 3 of your favorite shades of earth tones, like 'terracotta' or something lighter?? Sherwin-Williams is fine, or other brand that they sell at Sears or Home Depot... thanks Kim :-)

Kim said...

A mission! yay! I'll head to Home Depot and let you know what I find!