Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It's a Jungle Over Here!

Yesterday morning I was in the kitchen when I heard Bella run face first into the screen at the sliding glass doors. I laughed and went to check out what would make her forget the door wasn't open and there sat a baby bird, just staring her down!
It taunted her long enough for me to snap a few pictures, seemingly unaware that with a flick of my wrist, I could have unleashed the beast on her (or him).
We've noticed this year that the birds seem to be less afraid of us. A couple of weeks ago we saw a bird in the bushes by the front door that just watched us come home one evening, undisturbed by the people walking mere feet from it. I actually thought it was hurt till I noticed later it had flown away.
I guess there's a momma bird somewhere near our yard who has yet to tell her kids not to speak to strangers.
Then, this morning, as Chris goes to leave for work, he finds a groundhog hanging out on the front porch in front of the door! He lumbered down the steps and around the garage upon hearing our voices, but have you ever heard of such a thing?!
Something must be in the water here in Swedesboro.

1 comment:

Heather said...

We have rabbits that are like that. Both Alex and Lizzie have each caught one and I can't tell you how many times Jason has almost gotten them with the lawn mower.