Thursday, April 23, 2009

Weather Whining

I've been pretty whiny lately, just ask Chris, but I seriously want to know what happened to spring? I used to love summer, but honsetly, show me a kid who gets summers off from school that doesn't count summer as their favorite time of the year. I'm also included in the minority of people who would rather be warm then cold. However, now that I'm an "adult" and no longer have three months of leisure time to go to the pool and rollerblade around the neighborhood, I've started to appreciate much more the beauty of spring and fall over the heat of summer.


Every winter I shiver my way through the season waiting anxiously for warmer weather and signs of new life pushing through the chilly ground. I love planting daffodil and tulip bulbs because they are the first color of spring to be seen, and I'm coveting the beautiful cherry and crabapple trees in my neighbor's yards that are shedding their delicate flowers all down my street. I'm hoping to plant one of my own this year.


However, the weather has been less then cooperative, in my opinion, and I guess I've been complaining a lot about it lately. Chris reminds me there's nothing I can do to make mother nature bend to my will, but somehow that doesn't stop me. Today is actually going to be a beautiful spring day; sunny with big puffy rolling clouds, highs in the upper 50's and breezy. But this is one day, which has followed three days of rain and chill, never really making it out of the 40's, and is to be followed by three days sweltering summer heat flirting with low 90's at times.


The bright side of all this? Next week looks like spring will be sticking around for longer then an afternoon sandwiched between unpleasantness, and Saturday will be the perfect day for a wedding. :) I really should stop complaining, if not for Chris's sanity, for my own. I am not in control of the weather, but I know who is, and it looks like He's got the important stuff covered.

No comments: